New Precision Shower Screens / Baskets @ CC

For generic information on making espresso alt.coffee, coffee geek, Sweet Maria's web site and many others excel at this tutorial level of information. However, if you've been there and done that but have specific questions and concerns about getting the best espresso on the S1/VII/Mini-VII/Dream/Dream T, post those topics here.
GooseVR1

New Precision Shower Screens / Baskets @ CC

Post by GooseVR1 »

I'm just wondering if anyone had bought the "new" bottomless PF from CC with the precision basket; Mary says they are laser cut now. I have the same bottomless PF that they've always sold - with the standard triple basket.

They also have laser cut shower screens.

https://www.chriscoffee.com/La_Spaziale ... 460211.htm

Think this will yield better results in the cup - since that's what matters?
jack4s1caf

Re: New Precision Shower Screens / Baskets @ CC

Post by jack4s1caf »

Definitely a big difference in terms of water flow, and I'm dialing in again because a lot of how I was grinding / tamping had to do with avoiding channeling ... so far so good.
rhinoevans
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by rhinoevans »

I bought both. Not sure screen that much better, but atleast I have a second set. Triple basket awesome!!!
Dan Bollinger

Post by Dan Bollinger »

I've received both. I saw a definite improvement with the new screens. Very even water distribution, almost no disturbance on the puck's surface, and no channeling on any of the three dozen shots I've pulled so far. Watching the pour from the bottomless PF, the flow invariably begins at the perimeter and gradually combines at the center. I didn't see any change after switching to the new basket.

Return to “Pursuit of the God Shot”