Complete Control Box for VII

For S1Cafe forum members only. If you are looking for an item for your S1 setup and/or have an item you'd like to swap or sell to another Forum Member, you may post it here. Please no links to the post from outside the forum. Please send private e-mail to admin once an item is sold so that it may be removed. Thanks!
TioTom
Americano

Complete Control Box for VII

Post by TioTom » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:18 pm

I bought a VII that looked great from the outside and the price was right. However, when I got it home and tore it apart there was no control box, nothing. Whoever took it was decent enough to leave all the connectors in good shape. I contacted the guy that sold it to me and he said he would 'look around' for the controller but I don't have much hope. Before I take the expensive plunge to buy a new box I thought I would post my situation in hopes that someone might have a box or a lead on a good price. Right now it is going to set me back about $450.00. So much for my bargain. Thank you.

chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Complete Control Box for VII

Post by chas » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:35 pm

I don't give you very good odds either, but it can't hurt to ask! I have an HP laptop that cost about that. Talk about an overpriced part. Fortunately, the controller board pretty much never fails unless somebody removes it.... Have you asked for a partial refund? You've been ripped off.

If worse comes to worse maybe you can dismantle it, clean up the pieces, and then sell it for parts.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.19 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

TioTom
Americano

Post by TioTom » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:22 pm

Thanks for your reply. I only paid $125.00 for the machine and other than missing the control box, it is in great shape. I bought it in 'as is' condition so I don't believe I have much leverage with the seller. I did lift the top cup warming plate to look inside but I have to admit, I was pretty excited about getting a good dual boiler machine at such a low price I wasn't very thorough. I have bought numerous other machines and never experienced anything like this. I have most of it all cleaned up already. I insulated the boiler with 1/2" melamine foam with an aluminum skin. I found a 'like new' portafilter on EBay for $45.00 so now, unless I get a call from the seller on his search for the box, I have to face the big question on the new box. Here's a question: I contacted Clive Coffee and they have the complete control box for their LUCCA A53 machine ($300) and the person than answered my inquiry said that it is same as the S1. Any thought? Thank you.

chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:28 pm

Yes, the A53 board should be the same as the one in the V2. The V2 boards support the V1 and the V2.
Chas
Hottop P/B

TioTom
Americano

Post by TioTom » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:44 am

Well, I 'bit the bullet' and purchased a new control box. I still have issues to resolve and so I switched my comments to the Maintenance and Repair section. But, I am looking to find a three-sided 'barrier' for the cup warming section. I noticed that it is listed on Espressoparts' website but it is out of stock. Anyone have another source? My machine is black. Thank you.

chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:38 am

Did you check with San Marco?
http://www.sanmarcocoffee.com/la-spazia ... -7404.html

First Line in New Jersey also has it on their website, but they are also out-of-stock.
http://www.1st-line.com/store/pc/La-Spa ... -p2175.htm
Chas
Hottop P/B

Return to “Swap Meet”