Eureka Mignon grinder

Discussion of coffee grinder hardware. How to get the most out of specific grinders. Cleaning and maintenance issues with grinders. Comparison of different grinders.
troysyx

Eureka Mignon grinder

Post by troysyx »

Hey there fellow S1'ers!

I am curious to know if anyone else out there has this grinder with there S1. I own (and love) a Mini Vivaldi ii and i'm not seeing the greatest shots that i was hoping for when i got this setup almost a year ago. I find that it clumps a lot. I love the small footprint of it and how simple and easy it is to clean and get ready for the next grind. I use the WDT method and weigh my beans before grinding each time. But for the life of me, i can never get a consistently good looking shot.
lasy
Freeze Dried

Re: Eureka Mignon grinder

Post by lasy »

Hi,
I briefly used a Mignon Silenzio when my Atom was being serviced. I find single dosing on the Eureka grinders to produce inconsistent results. My Atom starts clumping when I have less than 50 g of beans on the burrs. If I have 50 g or more in the throat/hopper, I get lovely fluffy grinds, no need for WDT, never any channeling apparent.

Never tried to single dose with the Mignon Silenzio, but with a half full hopper, I was really impressed with the results, very consistent, zero clumping.

Return to “Coffee Grinders”