200+ list subscribers

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
4vDesmo

200+ list subscribers

Post by 4vDesmo »

Did anyone notice the slow but steady progress toward 200 list subscribers a few weeks ago? Add one here and there, and then there it was - 200!

What the heck has happened since then? 200 was just a few weeks ago, and suddenly its at 215. There must have been some S1 Christmas presents, huh?
Niko

Post by Niko »

I think it's a conspiracy...

The one that really baffles me is the 149 users on at once last summer. This even beats the all time high on H-B.
4vDesmo

Post by 4vDesmo »

149 at once? I guess I missed my invitation to that party.

Did the server need an espresso shot to keep up?
Niko

Post by Niko »

I was one of the 149!!

...then again I'm always on this wagon :roll:
slofty

Post by slofty »

With hundreds so frustrated by the GS3 fiasco, it's bound to shoot up a little, no?
Niko

Post by Niko »

I hear you.
Are you one of them (frustrated from the GS3)?
slofty

Post by slofty »

You bet! As a barista, having worked with a variety of equipment, I really came to appreciate the rock-solid build and performance of LM's. Sure, there are plenty of great commercial machines and manufacturers around-- but how many of them were willing to show that kind of commitment to offer the same all-around build/performance/reliability-- for the home?! My frustration reads just like the others, who were thrilled at the production anouncement, and delayed purchases on the basis that they would wait upon release. Granted, I was already debating whether the sacrifice of compactness in favor of a water reservoir was something I wanted to spend money on, but hey, forty-five certainly was still negotiable. So yeah, build quality issues crop up, and of course with the notorious reneg soon thereafter, that was it! Here I am.

I would have loved to have had a GS3, but the V2 is a fantastic machine! Plus I have some extra money around, to buy things that I don't need-- like TV series on DVD and more flimsy double-walled coffeemakers.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

So for the extra $5500 what will the GS3 do better then the V2?
slofty

Post by slofty »

JohnB wrote:So for the extra $5500 what will the GS3 do better then the V2?
Not enough, IMO.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

I'll consider spending that much money on a home espresso machine when I can put green beans in the top, God shots come out the bottom, AND it cleans itself!

:hiding:
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Niko

Post by Niko »

So am I hired, Chas?

For that kind of cash I'm willing to visit for a while, pull some (maybe sort of) godshots and clean up :lol:
I'll even wash the cups 8)
coffeeowl

Post by coffeeowl »

chas wrote:I'll consider spending that much money on a home espresso machine when I can put green beans in the top, God shots come out the bottom, AND it cleans itself!

and it should be a young, beautiful lady (ok, I agree on only one :angel5:) :love5:
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

coffeeowl wrote:
chas wrote:I'll consider spending that much money on a home espresso machine when I can put green beans in the top, God shots come out the bottom, AND it cleans itself!

and it should be a young, beautiful lady (ok, I agree on only one :angel5:) :love5:
That does sound preferable to a hairy Greek dude!
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Niko

Post by Niko »

chas wrote:
coffeeowl wrote:

Damn.
I misread that the first time...I thought you wrote "geek" :lol:
coffeeowl

Post by coffeeowl »

Niko wrote:
chas wrote:
coffeeowl wrote:

Damn.
I misread that the first time...I thought you wrote "geek" :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :)
boldstep

Post by boldstep »

Hey guys,
Just getting around to reading this thread and wondering what was the GS3 fiasco? I heard about the machine but not about the fiasco... I thought the machine sounded (and looked) pretty awesome.
Thanks!
Jason
coffeeowl

Post by coffeeowl »

Read 17-pages-long-thread-on-HB of complaints of the so called 'new rules', which basically are something like: 'now you guys were waiting 4 years so please pay us 77% more, for we just bought the ESI rights, you know'.
In the USA the machine is approximately from $1500 to $2000 more expensive then in the rest of the world, while normally all the coffee equipment is some 30% cheaper in USA then in Europe.
I don't want to add anything more here... I like La Marzocco company so why mess things up for them? (while they have a mess already with those ESI rights) :roll: :?
Niko

Post by Niko »

We can probably thank Franke for this one. :roll:
charlesaf3
Macchiato

Post by charlesaf3 »

yep, I'm another annoyed with the GS/3 - so I just bought the Vivaldi II and signed up here. I think I'm going to like it, though I'm having trouble with decent shots and microfoam now, but I see the potential.
Niko

Post by Niko »

Don't worry, Charles.
Everything will fall into place.
The shots will come.
The microfoam later, think of only one thing at a time otherwise that thinking becomes a variable.
charlesaf3
Macchiato

Post by charlesaf3 »

Yeah, I'm more worried about the shots - I can tell the microfoam potential is there, I just need to adjust to the power of the machine - less room for sloppiness with the tip.
Vivaldi Mini II, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Rocky, Livia

Return to “General Q&A”