s1 mini or dream T?

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
rob8613

s1 mini or dream T?

Post by rob8613 »

If money was not an issue would you still buy the s1 mini or the dream T and why?
richardcoffee
God Shot

Re: s1 mini or dream T?

Post by richardcoffee »

I've had a mini for several years, 4 1/2 I think. I love it. It's relatively simple and I'm a simple guy. I'm not convinced the electronics on the Dream would add anything and would only increase the potential for problems. I don't like problems, just good espresso and easy milk foaming and that's what I get with my mini.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

There are a number of things that could be read into the way your question was worded. A couple of years ago someone asked if they should purchase the S1 Mini or the Dream T. If this is what you are asking, you might want to use the Forum's search function to find that thread. Of course, I doubt there is anyone out there who has owned both the S1 Mini and the Dream Tank so it's pretty hard to find a valid, knowledgeable answer to that question.

That said, most of the Mini's issues have been mechanical and the mechanical parts of the Mini and the Dream T are the same.

However, you might be asking for current S1 Mini or Dream T owners to answer whether they would buy the same machine again or something different. If something different, would it be a different Tank machine because you no longer care for the LaSpaziale or it could be that a person would want to switch to a plumbed machine next - whether LaSpaziale or another brand.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
MikeS15692

Post by MikeS15692 »

I just bought a S1 mini and not the dream t because although I like the timer and Fahrenheit I hated the old cell phone style lcd and pages of the user manual on how to navigate those screens. The liked the mini interface so much better. If money was no option I would own a slayer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Q&A”