Some ideas about volumetric dosing?

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
GotGoodCoffee?

Some ideas about volumetric dosing?

Post by GotGoodCoffee? »

I've been trying to program my mini v II on the double shot button so it runs for 35sec. However, when I actually pull the shot it still shuts off around 28sec. I program it with my pf in place and filled with coffee and unsure if it should be programmed differently? Thanks.
MDL
Barista

Re: Some ideas about volumetric dosing?

Post by MDL »

Volumetric dosing is measuring water flow, not time. You have to balance grind, tamp pressure and water flow to achieve the desired time for your shot.

I started out with a very large volume set so that I could adjust my tamp and grind while stopping the shots manually. After I had a grind and tamp that achieved the kind of shot volume and time that I wanted I then set the volume of the double shot to achieve that desired end. Most days I either stop the shot a little early or let it stop itself.
peter

Re: Some ideas about volumetric dosing?

Post by peter »

I sorta did the same thing... measured 16g of coffee and pulled the shot on a scale, when it got just shy of 30g of espresso, I programmed the machine for that. Now I adjust the grind to stay in the time parameters, but generally like the shots to run long.

Return to “General Q&A”