New Owner

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
innermusic

New Owner

Post by innermusic »

Hey - bought the V2 from idrinkcoffee.com (Canada) yesterday. Brought it home, and downloaded the manual from this site. THANKS!
I opened the top and found the switch for 15-20 amp, which was set to 20 and which I subsequently changed to 15. However, next to that switch is another toggle switch which says OFF/ON. It was set to OFF. I changed it to ON, as I assumed it was switch for the steam boiler, but it is not mentioned in the manual. What's it for?

ALSO: The machine comes standard with 4 hole wand. Are most people going with that?

Great forum, btw.
slo
Barista

Re: New Owner

Post by slo »

Welcome!
Actually, the second switch is for the optional programmable timer.
If you do not use the timer, the switch MUST be on OFF. If it is ON without the timer being installed it will make the electronic go crazy and play tricks on you.
Just flick it back. No arm done.
Enjoy the machine and the forum. Tons of great people here.
Vivaldi II, Multiple (a collection really) Lever machines
Currently on deck grinders: Mythos and MXKR
Backup grinders: Robur, Major.
Toper Cafemino Electric and Poppery 1 roaster

I have a serious problem ... Can you guess what?
Johnlyn

Post by Johnlyn »

That's the choice I made as well friend, over the Dream T. Now that I see your in canada that that is additional reason to go V2. I'm a fan of Idrinkcoffee, that is where I got my machine from, but it is a new product of CCS and they're working hard to sort it out. I think they only got two of them in canada and I think there would be an additional PITA factor. Therefore, tried and true along with peace of mind. 2 years down the road I can be jealous of those people that have the dream T (props to the early adopters), but for now, I got one of the best products available to me.

Did you get the timer? Pre-infusion?

I use the four hole tip but have never tried anything else. It is a steam MONSTER! Therefore, it was a learning curve but now I can definitely wrangle the steam now at only 5 oz at a time and I love it. Great quality microfoam.
innermusic

Post by innermusic »

I didn't get the timer. Only extra I got was the bottomless pf. Have to say these 53mm baskets look odd - they are deep and look like triples. One thing that IS aproblem is the fit of the baskets into the PFs is ridiculaously tight. Like...you need a crowbar to get the basket out!
richardcoffee
God Shot

Post by richardcoffee »

I took the springs out recently and it makes my life a whole lot easier. I just pop the basket out after a shot, put it on the sink where it cools off enough to handle before the next shot. I have a couple of double baskets so I can make my wife and I both a latte and then let the baskets rest with the portafilter back in the group. I don't know why I didn't do this before. I guess it just offended my sense of espresso correctness.
Johnlyn

Post by Johnlyn »

They are deep. I found that ultimately I went from doses of 18-19 grs to 14-16. great results...
GDK
God Shot

Post by GDK »

Johnlyn wrote:They are deep. I found that ultimately I went from doses of 18-19 grs to 14-16. great results...
+1

Instead of removing the springs for the baskets completely, I removed them, bent the straight sections outwards and them put them back. Now they hold the basket in place and I can easily remove them when required.

Return to “General Q&A”