V2 and V2 Mini User's Manuals Updated

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

V2 and V2 Mini User's Manuals Updated

Post by chas »

I have just posted updates to both V2 User's Manuals here.

The reason for the updates was to correct and clarify the differences in how the Boiler button works on the V2 and on the V2 Mini. The V2 User's Manual corrected documented the operation for both controlling the Boiler and Economy modes. However, I noticed and corrected some typos and incorrect references throughout the manual. No actual functional changes were made.

On the V2 Mini manual, one paragraph corrected stated that the Boiler button setting is "sticky" through power cycles, unplugs, and power failures and then the next paragraph stated the opposite. This was corrected.

After revisiting both manuals I guess I understand why the V2 and the Mini work slightly different. On the V2 the Boiler button not only controls the Boiler but is also used to enter and exit Economy mode which is a way to change a 20A machine to 15A operation without popping the top cover and flipping the switch. On the V2, Boiler state is not sticky but Economy mode state is sticky. The Econ status lamp on the V2 front panel was repurposed on the V2 mini for use as the water level status lamp and the Economy mode code was removed. It seems like in the Mini they used the long button press and sticky feature of the V2's Economy mode for Boiler operation.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “General Q&A”