does anybody know what this part is?

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
richardcoffee
God Shot

does anybody know what this part is?

Post by richardcoffee »

I got my new mini today - all is well ....... I think. It's full of water, heated up, cycling. In short, behaving as it should so far. But it's late and the first shots will have to wait till morning. The only hitch so far is that when we opened the box (beautiful packaging for the machine - the other box of miscellaneous stuff I got was pretty beat up - must have gotten caught in the storm) - when we got the machine on the counter, my wife noticed this black plastic nut just laying on the drip tray. It's not obvious to me where it might belong. I've sent a picture to Chris' service, but I thought maybe some of you have seen it. What do you say? The hole is 1/2" diameter.
Richard
Attachments
BILD1252.JPG
BILD1252.JPG (122.98 KiB) Viewed 3348 times
BILD1251.JPG
BILD1251.JPG (26.79 KiB) Viewed 3348 times
Endo

Re: does anybody know what this part is?

Post by Endo »

I don't see any part like that on my Mini. I would guess it just fell into the box at the manufacturer or retailer.

Perhaps part of a drain kit?

Some of the recent Minis have shown brown water (rust) coming from the hot water tap (steam boiler). Mine actually had a few metal filings (when tapping the holes in the steam boiler I assume).

You might want to keep an eye out for that and pour your first shots and hot water into a white cup to make sure it is all clear before you start drinking it.
expy98

Re: does anybody know what this part is?

Post by expy98 »

old thread but since no definite answers yet...

I'm fairly positive that the plastic nut is to secure the power cord to the bottom of the machine.

Return to “General Q&A”