Warming flush procedure

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
KimH
Cappuccino

Warming flush procedure

Post by KimH »

Hi,

Before I got my S1 I thought that warming flushes on dual boiler machines was done just before brewing. At least that's what I have seen in some youtube videos. If I flush 2oz of water ,the machine needs about 30 seconds or so, before the water temperature is back to brew temp.

How are your procedures regarding warming flushes out there?

How many? How often? How much water? How long time from flush to brew? Anything else?

Regards
Kim

Ps. I assume that the flushes are the same for all the the Vivaldi machines. If not - feel free to move the topic to the VII section
- La Spaziale S1 Dream
- Ceado E37S
- Rancilio Rocky SD
- Hottop B
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Warming flush procedure

Post by chas »

Kim: This topic has been well flogged over the years. No need to wait for replies. Go to the top level of the board index and type "warming flushes" into the Search boxes. You'll find all kinds of information.

If you use search while you're in a thread it will only search that thread, so be sure you're at the top level first.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
KimH
Cappuccino

Post by KimH »

chas wrote:Kim: This topic has been well flogged over the years. No need to wait for replies. Go to the top level of the board index and type "warming flushes" into the Search boxes. You'll find all kinds of information.

If you use search while you're in a thread it will only search that thread, so be sure you're at the top level first.
Thanks chas, I found a lot of interesting reading during the search :thumbup: However I am still confused about the warming flush procedure. I would still like to hear from some of you experienced Vivaldi users how you have 'tuned' in' you flushing procedures over time.

If this topic has been discussed in another thread, I can't find it :oops: please post a link

How many? How often? How much water? How long time from flush to brew? Anything else? :help:

Regards
Kim
- La Spaziale S1 Dream
- Ceado E37S
- Rancilio Rocky SD
- Hottop B
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

I set one shot button to approx 2.5 ozs & use that for flushes only. The other button is set to 3.5-4 ozs as I cut all my shots manually & don't want the water cutting off on a long shot. If the machine has been idle more then 5 minutes I do two warming flushes. The second will either be while I'm preparing the basket or just before if I'm dosing into the p/f. If you are pulling one shot after the other there is no need to flush after the first shot except to clean off the screens. If it's been a couple minutes since the last shot I usually do one flush.
ebprod

Post by ebprod »

I wait for the lights to come back to the proper temperature before doing a second flush. I assume that if I didn't I would cool the head with the second flush?

-Joe
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

ebprod wrote:I wait for the lights to come back to the proper temperature before doing a second flush. I assume that if I didn't I would cool the head with the second flush?

-Joe
Correct.

Return to “General Q&A”